SunLund By-The-Sea is nestled in the peaceful harbour community of Lund, British Columbia. The campground and RV park and camping facilities boast 2 (soon to be 3) comfortable cabins and 33 camp sites. Owners Ann and Ron have gone to great lengths to organize and facilitate an increasingly sustainable experience for their guests and have recently been re-assessed, and certified Gold by Sustainable Tourism. Onsite waste sorting facilities, hot water on demand water heating, and onsite bicycle rental allow for guests to decrease their adventure footprint an enjoy what the region has to offer. within the past two years, Ann and Ron have plugged away at lots of small but significant actions that have resulted in some great results, especially waste reduction that has produced a 18% reduction despite a 30% increase in occupancy.
1. They encourage all guests to recycle in each guest room
2. and to leave any unwanted items on the repurposed-pallet table by the office for other guests to take, keeping these items out of the landfill.
3. They use only eco-friendly cleaning products, and fabric sheets have been replaced by reusable “dryer balls”.
4. The newest coin-operated washer in the laundry room is high-efficiency and encourages cold water options.
5. The Gift Shop boasts locally-sourced firewood, and locally made beach glass jewelry, art cards and hand soaps among other sustainable items.
Ann Snow says, “Camping is all about nature and, by being environmentally considerate, we protect the nature our guests come here to enjoy.”